About Us

We have been in business since 1960, starting as Moran’s Ski and Sport Shop. Lyle Moran was the founder and ran the business along with working full time at another job. Bicycles were added to continue the business for the summer months. The business was located near the “4 Corners” in North Muskegon. It later was moved to a much larger building on Bear Lake Channel during the boom years of bicycling in the early seventies.

In 1975 it was moved to its current location at 1790 Roberts St (at Laketon) in Muskegon. It was purchased by his son-in-law, Tom Anderson, in 1976. He still owns the business today.

Because customers had trouble finding the new location, the name was changed to The Bicycle Rack, and was listed as “one inconvenient location”, a title still used today.

At the time 2 railroad tracks were between the store and Laketon Avenue but they have since been replaced by the Laketon Trail, a rails to trail route that connects the City of Muskegon to the Musketawa Trail that heads east almost to Grand Rapids, MI.